Subject: [Netconf] RFC 6536 on Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access Control Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:42:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6536

        Title:      Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access 
                    Control Model 
        Author:     A. Bierman, M. Bjorklund
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 90803
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netconf-access-control-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6536.txt

The standardization of network configuration interfaces for use with
the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) requires a structured
and secure operating environment that promotes human usability and
multi-vendor interoperability.  There is a need for standard
mechanisms to restrict NETCONF protocol access for particular users
to a pre-configured subset of all available NETCONF protocol
operations and content.  This document defines such an access control
model.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:25:04 +0100

Thanks and congratulations to the editors, chairs, and the whole WG for
having this important NETCONF RFC published. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:ietf-announce-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:43 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 6536 on Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) Access
> ControlModel
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:32:02 +0100

Same here! Thanks and congratulations to everybody who supported and
contributed to this substantial work in NETCONF WG.

Mehmet 

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of ext
> Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:25 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Netconf] RFC 6536 on Network Configuration Protocol
(NETCONF)Access
> > This document is a product of the Network Configuration Working
Group
> > of the IETF.
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf