Subject: [Netconf] WGLC for draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00.txt

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:11:25 +0200

Dear NETCONF WG,

Badra submitted the document draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00.txt
addressing item 1 in the new charter
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00).

This is a new WGLC for the RFC5539bis document, which is going to be
published on the standards track and will obsolete RFC 5539. 

Please review the document and comment by September 28, 2012 (any
timezone). Thank you.

Mehmet & Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of ext [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : NETCONF Over Transport Layer Security (TLS)
	Author(s)       : Mohamad Badra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-09-13

Abstract:
   The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to
   install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of network devices.
   This document describes how to use the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
   protocol to secure NETCONF exchanges.  This document obsoletes RFC
   5539.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:27:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> published on the standards track and will obsolete RFC 5539. 

I have reviewed this document twice (the last one was
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netconf/current/msg07683.html).

I have not seen a reply / comment from the editor on this review.

I don't think this document is ready for WGLC.  It is not a trivial
update from RFC 5539 - it contains a new YANG data model that hasn't
really been discussed in the WG.  See my review above for initial
comments.

/martin

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:06:50 +0200

Hi Martin,

we discussed the -02 document in Vancouver and agreed to accept it as WG
item and to move the revision to WG last call. Your comments on the YANG
module did not seem to be blocking at that time. 

We believe your comments are valuable and should/will be addressed
seriously as soon as possible. We would suggest to see them as part of
the WGLC together with others. Please be sure, the issues will be
tracked now with special caution.

Mehmet & Bert

> From: ext Martin Bjorklund [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 1:28 PM
> To: Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Netconf] WGLC for draft-ietf-netconf-rfc5539bis-00.txt
> 
> Hi,
>

---

From: Badra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:00:10 +0200

Dear Martin,

My apologies, I don't have any reason not to include your comments.

I will include all of your valuable comments after checking with Alan
regarding the YANG module.

Thank you!
Best regards
Badra