Subject: [Netconf] Summary of NETCONF Session at IETF 85

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:17:49 -0500

Hi Benoit, All,

below is a summary and action items from the discussion in 
the NETCONF WG session on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 
in the IETF 85 meeting.

- We had approx. 47 participants in the 1,5 hour NETCONF session. 
- We reviewed the status of the WG
- We went through the WG and new documents and had a good discussion.    

Action items:
- Bert to write up interoperability report
- Bert to poll for deployment experience
- Bert to call for confirmation or objections to advance docs
 on mailing list. 8-9 agreed, no objections

- 5539bis draft to be updated to address comments and issues
 discussed at the meeting (see slides).
 After that we'll need another WGLC.

- get2 seems to be addressing a set of problems we want to solve.
 15 in favor, no objections.

- operational state was discussed, no clear direction yet on
 how to move forward. Probably a joint draft from the various
 authors might help us with that.

- ONF presented their use of NetConf. They are currently running XML 
 over NetConf. They have a 'call home' use case and might ask the 
 Netconf WG to find a new way to support it after declaring BEEP as 
 'historic'.

Bert & Mehmet