Subject: [Netconf] Conditions for advancing the NETCONF RFCs

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:35:28 -0500

Dear all,

There are the conditions (from RFC6410) for advancing NETCONF

    The IESG, in an IETF-wide Last Call of at least four weeks, confirms
    that a document advances from Proposed Standard to Internet Standard.
    The request for reclassification is sent to the IESG along with an
    explanation of how the criteria have been met.  The criteria are:

    (1) There are at least two independent interoperating implementations
        with widespread deployment and successful operational experience.

    (2) There are no errata against the specification that would cause a
        new implementation to fail to interoperate with deployed ones.

    (3) There are no unused features in the specification that greatly
        increase implementation complexity.

    (4) If the technology required to implement the specification
        requires patented or otherwise controlled technology, then the
        set of implementations must demonstrate at least two independent,
        separate and successful uses of the licensing process.

Regards, Benoit