Subject: Re: [Netconf] Yuma?

From: Chris Mavrakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:40:32 +0300

Regarding the email thread below (I was not a member of the mailing list so
I just copied it here), I would like to note the following:

The Yuma repository on sourceforge has "disappeared" months ago, indeed.
Searching for it in SF results in one
result<http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:linux/freshness:recently-updated/?q=yuma%20netconf>,
but once one clicks on it, they get "Whoops, we can't find that page.".

I have found a project called
yuma123<http://sourceforge.net/projects/yuma123/>,
which is a copy of the original open-source yuma. Mr Vladimir Vassilev is
maintaining it and developing it further.

Mr Stone, maybe the two projects should be combined in one? Different
branches can be used. I also have some modules of mine that I'm planning to
integrate.

------------------------------

   - *To*: Andrew Stone <stone at openclovis.com <[email-masked]>>
   - *Subject*: Re: [Netconf] Yuma?
   - *From*: Andy Bierman <andy at yumaworks.com <[email-masked]>>
   - *Date*: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:42:01 -0700
   - *Cc*: Netconf <netconf at ietf.org <[email-masked]>>
   - *Delivered-to*: netconf at ietfa.amsl.com <[email-masked]>
   - *In-reply-to*: <CALh8oDZAyKYsDfq=q0mqG+xswqnGKCSbNPBwKUSwLa7jGePPCg at
   mail.gmail.com<[email-masked]>
   - *List-archive*: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netconf>
   - *List-help*:
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help<[email-masked]?subject=help>
   - *List-id*: Network Configuration WG mailing list <netconf.ietf.org>
   - *List-post*: <mailto:[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>
   - *List-subscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf>, <
   mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe<[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
   - *List-unsubscribe*: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/netconf>, <
   mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe<[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
   - *References*: <CALh8oDZAyKYsDfq=q0mqG+xswqnGKCSbNPBwKUSwLa7jGePPCg at
   mail.gmail.com<[email-masked]>

------------------------------
Hi,

To be clear, we did not take the Yuma open-source private.
We forked YumaPro from Yuma about 18 months ago
and nobody has really worked on Yuma since.

thanks,
Andy

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Andrew Stone <stone at openclovis.com>
 wrote:

> Yuma seems to have disappeared... I think it went closed-source into Yuma
> Works.  But since it is BSD licensed, I have created a git repository
> https://github.com/openclovis/openyuma which contains the 2.2.5 release.
>
> Andy Bierman, I want to thank for your tremendous effort on this project!!
> and I'm sorry to see you go closed source... but I do understand :-).
>
> Best,
> Andy Stone
> Software Architect, OpenClovis, Inc.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> Netconf at ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf