Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 14:18:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : NETCONF over SSH Call Home
        Author          : Kent Watsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2014-04-18

Abstract:
   This document presents a technique for a NETCONF server to initiate a
   SSH connection to a NETCONF client.  This is accomplished by the
   NETCONF client listening on IANA-assigned TCP port YYYY and starting
   the SSH client protocol immediately after accepting a TCP connection
   on it.  This role-reversal is necessary as the NETCONF server must
   also be the SSH server, in order for the NETCONF client to open the
   IANA-assigned SSH subsystem "netconf".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-reverse-ssh-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 21:38:52 +0000

This version has two updates:

  - Removed ³vagueness² in second paragraph of the Applicability Statement
    reported by Alan Luchuk.  This is achieved by adding RFC references

    for key assertions made there.

  - Changed "Reverse SSH" to "Call Home², per the XML Tom Petch sent out.
    I made a couple minor tweaks on top of what Tom had.

In terms of last-call, there only remains the issue of if this draft's
reference to the netconf-server-model draft needs to be normative (not
informative).  I don¹t think so, but am OK either way.   If we think the
reference needs to be normative, then I guess we delay last-call on this
draft (and 5539-bis) until netconf-server-model is also ready - right?

Thanks,
Kent

On 4/18/14, 5:18 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
>
>