Subject: [Netconf] Fwd: Secdir review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch-07

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 13:52:18 +0100

FYI.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Secdir review of draft-ietf-netconf-yang-patch-07
Resent-Date: 	Mon, 11 Jan 2016 04:14:44 -0800
Resent-From: 	[email-masked]
Resent-To: 	[email-masked]
Date: 	Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:14:16 +0800
From: 	Dacheng <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate’s 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.

These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document defines a media type for a YANG-based editing mechanism 
that can be used with the HTTP PATCH method.

I agree that this mechanism does not introduce any new security issues, 
beyond what is described in [I-D.ietf-netconf-restconf]. So, this draft 
is almost ready for publication.

A question:

In Section 2.6  you mentioned 'The server will save the running 
datastore to non-volatile storage' . Do you assume the severs supporting 
your mechanism always have non-volatile storage?

An editorial comment:
page 15:

The 'value' node will contain one instance of foo:-> The 'value' node 
contains one instance of foo:

Cheers

Dacheng