Subject: [Netconf] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs Registry' to Best Current Practice (draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-02.txt)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:23:35 +0100

FYI.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Protocol Action: 'Changing the Registration Policy for the 
NETCONF Capability URNs Registry' to Best Current Practice 
(draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-02.txt)
Date: 	Mon, 11 Jan 2016 19:36:15 -0800
From: 	The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: 	Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], [email-masked], The 
IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Changing the Registration Policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs
    Registry'
   (draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update-02.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-netmod-regpolicy-update/

Technical Summary

The registration policy for the NETCONF Capability URNs registry,
set up by RFC 6241, has turned out to be unnecessarily strict.
This document changes that registration policy to "IETF Review",
allowing registrations from Experimental or Informational RFCs,
in addition to Standards Track RFCs.
    
This document is proposed as a BCP, which is suitable for an IANA
registration policy update.

Review and Consensus

This document was prompted by IESG review of an Experimental
document that asked the IESG for an exception to the registry's
policy for new registrations.  The result of discussion of that
request was to recommend that the policy be changed.  This document
makes that change.

The document has been discussed and reviewed in the NETCONF
WG, mentioned both during the IETF 94 and over the mailing list.
There was support for the change, and not a single voice against.

Personnel
Barry Leiba is the Document Shepherd.
Beno??t Claise is the responsible Area Director.
.