Subject: [Netconf] comments on draft-gonzalez-netconf-5277bis01

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 22:19:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

This draft proposes "static subscriptions" (configured
subscriptions).  Such a subscription is a stream, filter, and a list
of receivers.  A receiver is an IP address, a port, and a protocol.

But the draft doesn't explain what a server should do when it has
soemthing to send.  How will it contact the receivers?  Will it act as
a NETCONF client?  Will it use call-home (if so, why is the
address/port defined here?)  How is this supposed to be used with other
protocols - the model allows other protocols even though the only
current one defined is NETCONF.

/martin

---

From: "Alberto Gonzalez Prieto (albertgo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 07:29:30 +0000

Thanks Martin,

You are correct, like Andy, in pointing this out. This is
work-in-progress, but not marked as such. Sorry about that.
I will add to the draft a list of work-in-progress items to facilitate the
discussion.
Eric will present the list in BA.

Thanks,

Alberto

On 4/3/16, 10:19 PM, "Netconf on behalf of Martin Bjorklund"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Netconf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf