Subject: [Netconf] What are the meaning of "Filtering of mixed content" and "Filtering of list content"?

From: "Guopeipei (Peipei Guo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 08:21:43 +0000

Hi All,

In RFC 6241 Section 6.2.5 Content Match Nodes. It says "Filtering of mixed content" and "Filtering of list content"are not supported. I am not clear for the meaning. What are the meaning of "Filtering of mixed content" and "Filtering of list content"? Any example or explanation of it?

-----------
6.2.5.  Content Match Nodes
   A leaf node that contains simple content is called a "content match
   node".  It is used to select some or all of its sibling nodes for
   filter output, and it represents an exact-match filter on the leaf
   node element content.  The following constraints apply to content
   match nodes:

   o  A content match node MUST NOT contain nested elements.

   o  Multiple content match nodes (i.e., sibling nodes) are logically
      combined in an "AND" expression.

   o  Filtering of mixed content is not supported.

   o  Filtering of list content is not supported.

   o  Filtering of whitespace-only content is not supported.

   o  A content match node MUST contain non-whitespace characters.  An
      empty element (e.g., <foo></foo>) will be interpreted as a
      selection node (e.g., <foo/>).

   o  Leading and trailing whitespace characters are ignored, but any
      whitespace characters within a block of text characters are not
      ignored or modified.

-----------

Thanks.