Subject: [Netconf] IETF #98 Sessions and Discussions in other WGs related to planned work in NETCONF WG

From: "Mehmet Ersue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 20:35:19 +0100

Dear NETCONF WG,

please be aware of discussion happening in other WGs which are related to
planned NETCONF work.

Below is a non-exhaustive summary:

NETMOD sessions:

TUESDAY, March 28, 2017, 09:00-11:30 in Zurich G

9:00 Intro, Charter & WG Status

9:20 YANG Next

9:35 Revised Datastores

THURSDAY, March 30, 2017, 17:40-18:40 in Zurich D

17:45     Yang for I2RS Protocol

RTGWG Session:

Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 9:00-11:30 in Vevey 1/2

10:20-10:30 - gRPC - draft-talwar-rtgwg-grpc-use-cases

10:30-10:45 - gNMI - draft-openconfig-rtgwg-gnmi-spec

I2RS Session:

Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 13:00-15:00 in Zurich B

a) Revised Datastore Model [Kent Watsen] [13:20-13:35]   

b) Yang model proposal [Sue Hares] [13:35-13:45]

c) 2 Capabilities to support I2RS in NETCONF and RESTCONF [13:45-13:55]

We would like to recommend to attend these sessions and to get involved 

in the discussion. Especially in the case of revised-datastores we might not

have time in the Netconf session to repeat what has been presented or 

discussed in Netmod WG.

Regards,

Mehmet & Mahesh

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 20:51:59 +0100

… and if you care about managing constrained devices:

Grüße, Carsten

Core@IETF98 0.1 drafty agenda

# TUESDAY, March 28, 2017

1300-1430  Afternoon Session I: Zurich C

[40 min skipped]

## comi (20)

* Discuss results from Monday's 15:20 to 16:50 semi-formal COMI meeting

Objective: Which of these can we WGLC now?
Where are we with installing a SID process with IANA and other actors needed?
[SID] Check status of IANA processes (register SIDs, lookup SIDs).

* draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor -04   2017-02-07
* draft-ietf-core-comi -00   2017-01-26
* draft-ietf-core-sid -00   2016-10-26

Objective: what are the next steps?  (Based on results from Monday:)

* draft-veillette-core-yang-library -00   2017-01-31

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:06:11 -0700

> * Discuss results from Monday's 15:20 to 16:50 semi-formal COMI meeting
I was going to send an announcement about this unofficial bar bof...
Originally it was a semi-private meeting with YANG doctors and co-authors
of the CoMI/SID drafts.

We will try to get a meeting room for Monday 15:20 - 16:50, or use the
hotel bar if that is not possible.  The focus of the meeting is
YANG-to-CBOR and SID.
We would like to get as many YANG expert reviews as possible for these
2 drafts.

IMO this binary representation of YANG data is useful for RESTCONF in
general,
not just CoAP. (It is not chartered that way, but expectations are high ;-)

Andy

> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
>

---

From: Douglas Hubler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 02:30:54 +0000

I send my interest for constrained devices support remotely as I won't be
there.  In particular, how notifications in CoAP over UDP will work.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:55:08 -0700

Hi,

This meeting will be held in the Lugano room, 15:20 to 16:50 today.
Sorry, no remote access.  I can setup a google hangouts meeting if people
are interested.

Andy