Subject: [Netconf] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-netconf-18-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:39:20 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-netconf-18-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-netconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The first paragraph...

The NETCONF Working Group, previously named after the NETCONF protocol,
now renamed as the NETwork CONFiguration Working Group, is responsible
for the development and maintenance of protocols for YANG data model
driven management, for the necessary framework where these protocols run,
and for the YANG modules that formalize protocol behavior and are
required from a protocol perspective. 

...seems to have significantly widened what the netconf  WG is
responsible for beyond NETCONF/RESTCONF, but the rest of the charter only
talks about those two protocols.  If the intent is to allow the WG to
work on other protocols (or at least consider them if they exist, are
brought to the WG, etc.), then it may be a good idea to include text that
specifically mentions it.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:04:05 +0200

FYI, NETCONF WG.
I clarified the situation with Alvaro during the IESG telechat.
No action is needed on this one.

Regards, Benoit
> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
> .
>