Subject: [Netconf] RFC8040 Percent encoding and query point

From: "Steve Truong (struong)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:00:19 +0000

In 4.8.6.  The "point" Query Parameter<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8040#section-4.8.6>:

...The format is the same as a target resource URI string.

But in example

B.3.5.  "point" Parameter<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8040#appendix-B.3.5>
   Request from client:

      POST /restconf/data/example-jukebox:jukebox/\
          playlist=Foo-One?insert=after&point=\
          %2Fexample-jukebox%3Ajukebox\
          %2Fplaylist%3DFoo-One%2Fsong%3D1 HTTP/1.1

I think this example request should be:

      POST /restconf/data/example-jukebox:jukebox/\
          playlist=Foo-One?insert=after&point=\
          /example-jukebox%3Ajukebox\
          /playlist%3DFoo-One/song%3D1 HTTP/1.1

In other words, the segment separators must not be percent encoded but slashes  (and other characters with special meaning in a URL) within the point value, eg., 'GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1' must be percent encoded.

Comment?

steve