Subject: Re: [Netconf] keystore and the client/server drafts

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 13:14:10 +0000

Okay, let's have both groupings and containers in all the
NC/RC client/server models (4 in all).  I don't think it
makes sense to have the client-containers, but servers can
toggle conformance-type between implement and import to
indicate just this.

Kent

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 09:46:34PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
> 
> For RC servers, the ietf-restconf-server module has a container, 
> and that container supports listening on multiple ports.  So it
> would be possible to configure two apps running on the same 
> machine, each listening on a different port.

Two listening ports are not the same as two different servers.

> That said, I've always been okay having the container in the RC and
> NC server models.  It's having containers in the RC and NC *client*
> models that I can't make sense of...
> 
> FWIW, above I mention that ietf-restconf-server has a container, 
> but be aware that it does not have a grouping (which would be used
> by the container) that could be used by other models.  I think it
> might make sense to do this, to maximize flexibility.  At least, 
> using groupings seems easier than schema-mount, which could be a
> fallback option.  What do you think?

This is now a different topic. I am not sure groupings generally
replace schema-mount.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>