Subject: Re: [Netconf] zerotouch naming issue

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:47:50 +0000

Hi Martin,

I addressed most of these issues in the posted -14 (details below).

Kent

-- 

Incidentally, I started a review of this document today.  I really got
stuck on the terminology.  Here are my starting comments; I think I
will continue with the review once you have updated the draft with
better terms.

  o  Terminology
  
    I suggest the definition of the term "Artifact" lists the three
    artifacts by name.
  
    In fact, it seems the document uses different names for these
    artifacts.  Section 4 lists:  "Zero Touch Information", "Owner
    Certificate", and "Ownership Voucher".  But then the document talks
    about "bootstrapping information" and "redirect information".  It is
    not clear if these are artifacts or something else.
  
<KENT> fixed in -14.

  o  Terminology
  
    The definition of the term "Bootstrapping Data" is recursive:
  
         The term "bootstrapping data" is used throughout
         this document to refer to the collection of data that a device
         may obtain from any source of bootstrapping data.
  
    It has the structure:  X = data from a source of X
  
<KENT> Will be fixed in -15

  o  Terminology
  
         Bootstrap Information:  The term "bootstrap information" is used
         herein to refer to one of the bootstrapping artifacts defined in
         Section 4.
  
     "one of" - does that mean any one?  If not, which one?

<KENT> Will be fixed in -15

     I note that the first three definitions in the Terminology section
     all refer to the three artifacts defined in section 4.  Are the
     terms the same?  If not, they should be clarified.

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

     Also the term "bootstrapping artifcats" should either be defined, or
     just be "artifacts".

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

     Also, this term is actually defined in section 3.2, and it is not
     defined as an artifact.  The artifact "Zero Touch Information" is
     however defined as containg "Bootstrap Information", so I think
     this definition needs to be reworded.

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

  o  Terminology
  
    s/The term "manufacturer is/The term "manufacturer" is/

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

  o  Terminology
  
    Owner vs. Rightful Owner.  Why do we need both terms?  If they are
    different, the difference needs to be explained.  If they are the
    same we should use just one term.

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

  o  Terminology
  
         Redirect Information:  The term "bootstrap information" is used
  
      This must be a copy&paste error...

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

  o  Terminology
  
         Redirect Server:  The term "redirect server" is used to refer to a
         subset of bootstrap servers
  
     This should probably be:
  
         The term "redirect server" is used to refer to a
         bootstrap server that only returns redirect
         information.

<KENT> Fixed in -14.

/martin