Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 17:19:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Zero Touch Provisioning for NETCONF or RESTCONF based Management
        Authors         : Kent Watsen
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-15.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2017-08-15

Abstract:
   This draft presents a secure technique for establishing a NETCONF or
   RESTCONF connection between a newly deployed device, configured with
   just its factory default settings, and its deployment specific
   network management system (NMS).

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   This draft contains many placeholder values that need to be replaced
   with finalized values at the time of publication.  This note
   summarizes all of the substitutions that are needed.  Please note
   that no other RFC Editor instructions are specified anywhere else in
   this document.

   Artwork in the IANA Considerations section contains placeholder
   values for DHCP options pending IANA assignment.  Please apply the
   following replacements:

   o  "OPTION_V4_ZEROTOUCH_REDIRECT" --> the option code assigned for
      the "DHCPv4 Zero Touch Option" option

   o  "OPTION_V6_ZEROTOUCH_REDIRECT" --> the option code assigned for
      the "DHCPv6 Zero Touch Option" option

   Artwork in this document contains shorthand references to drafts in
   progress.  Please apply the following replacements:

   o  "XXXX" --> the assigned RFC value for this draft

   Artwork in this document contains placeholder values for the date of
   publication of this draft.  Please apply the following replacement:

   o  "2017-08-15" --> the publication date of this draft
   Please update the following references to reflect their final RFC
   assignments:

   o  I-D.ieft-netconf-netconf-client-server

   The following one Appendix section is to be removed prior to
   publication:

   o  Appendix A.  Change Log

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Kent Watsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 00:22:37 +0000

From the Change Log:

   o  Renamed action 'notification' to 'update-progress' and, likewise
      'notification-type' to 'update-type'.

   o  Updated examples to use "base64encodedvalue==" for binary values.

   o  Greatly simplified the 'Artifact Groupings' section, and moved it
      as a subsection to the 'Artifacts' section.

   o  Moved the 'Workflow Overview' section to the Appendix.

   o  Renamed 'bootstrap information' to 'update information'.

   o  Removed 'Other Considerations' section.

   o  Tons of editorial updates.

We're still going through Last Call reviews, but I wanted to get this
out to show progress.

Thanks,
Kent

--

Abstract:

   o  Appendix A.  Change Log

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf