Subject: [Netconf] yang-push issue: XPath filter

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:55:51 -0800

Hi,

In sec. 3.6:

   These filters are intended to be used as selectors that define which
   objects are within the scope of a subscription.  A publisher MUST
   support at least one type of selection filter.

This is inconsistent with NETCONF, where subtree filtering in
mandatory-to-implement
and XPath filtering is optional (if-feature).  A client does not have any
way to know what a
publisher will support.

It would be better to follow NETCONF and add an if-feature to XPath, and
declare
that subtree is mandatory.

Also, the example on pg 36 is wrong:

OLD:

       <yp:xpath-filter
            xmlns:ex="http://example.com/sample-data/1.0"
            select="/ex:foo"/>

NEW:

       <yp:xpath-filter
        xmlns:ex="http://example.com/sample-data/1.0">/ex:foo

       </yp:xpath-filter>

>From the YANG module:

      leaf xpath-filter {
        type yang:xpath1.0;
        description
          "This parameter contains an XPath expression identifying the
          portions of the target datastore to retrieve.";
        reference "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116";
      }

Andy