Subject: [Netconf] YANG Push via the CoAP Management Interface (CoMI)

From: Henk Birkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:53:58 +0100

Hello all,

the YANG Push Dezign Team has started to work on augmenting CoMI with 
YANG Push capabilities. The scope consolidated while working on Yang 
push enhancements, in general.

The problem statement is submitted as an I-D:

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-yang-push-coap-problemstatement/

and is also discussed in the CORE WG and T2T RG.

Viele Grüße,

Henk

# tl;dr

The I-D referenced above provides a problem statement, derives an 
initial gap analysis and illustrates a first set of solution approaches 
in regard to augmenting YANG data stores based on the CoAP Management 
Interface with YANG Push capabilities. A binary transfer mechanism for 
YANG Subscribed Notifications addresses both the requirements of
constrained-node networks and the need for semantic interoperability
via self-descriptiveness of the corresponding data in motion.