Subject: [netext] Update of Localized Routing PS

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:49:50 +0200

Folks,

we updated the PMIPv6 Localized Routing Problem Statement.
We took all comments received so far and discussion from last
IETF and from the ML into account. A new section about
IPv4 considerations has been included according to the discussion
we had so far.

The issues being addressed in the PS are valid problems. In particular
some items of the IPv4 considerations section should be further discussed
to get a common picture about what needs to be addressed by the
protocol solution.

Any comments are appreciated.

marco

A new version of I-D, draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-ro-ps-01.txt has been successfuly submitted by Marco Liebsch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-ro-ps
Revision:	 01
Title:		 PMIPv6 Localized Routing Problem Statement
Creation_date:	 2009-07-13
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
Proxy Mobile IPv6 is the IETF standard for network-based localized
mobility management.  In Proxy Mobile IPv6, mobile nodes are
topologically anchored at a Local Mobility Anchor, which forwards all
data for registered mobile nodes.  The set up and maintenance of
localized routing, which allows forwarding of data packets between
mobile nodes and correspondent nodes directly without involvement of
the Local Mobility Anchor in forwarding, is not considered.  This
document describes the problem space of localized routing in Proxy
Mobile IPv6.

The IETF Secretariat.