Subject: [netext] New draft on multihoming extensions for PMIPv6

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 18:53:53 +0200

Hi all,

We have posted the following ID:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-mif-pmip-00.txt, and
the abstract reads as follows:

"Netlmm WG standardized Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6).  PMIPv6 enables
mobile devices to connect to a PMIPv6 domain and roam across gateways
without changing the IP address.  PMIPv6 also provides limited multi-
homing support to multi-mode mobile devices.  Recently Netext WG is
being chartered to work on optimizations for PMIPv6.  While multi-
homing item has been proposed to be part of the approved charter,
discussions showed there are still many controversial issues to be
addressed (i.e. the no-host modification theorem).  This document,
leveraging parallel activities in the MIF WG, explores solutions for the
multi-homing use case aiming at helping Netext community where
possible."

As stated in the above text the goal is to leverage MIF activities and
to investigate how an MIF node can be supported by PMIPv6 based network.
We are aware MIF is not chartered to work on mobility, nevertheless we
believe it is a promising approach especially if we consider the widely
debated "no host modifications" issue.

It is a proactive and concrete approach aiming at answering some of the
many questions posted to this mailing list, too often left without any
conclusion (at least this is our opinion). We hope it helps the Netext
community to make good progress.

Thanks,

Telemaco, Pierrick and Carlos

-- 
   Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
   GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                IEEE Network Special Issue on
        Advances in Vehicular Communications Networks
 http://www.comsoc.org/livepubs/ni/info/cfp/cfpnetwork0110.htm 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++