Subject: [netext] Gateway Initiated Dual-stack lite Support

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:35:10 -0700 (PDT)

We have posted a draft on using Gateway Initiated Dual-stack lite approach for 
IPv6 migration support. Following is the pointer to the draft.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt

The key aspect of this solution is the approach by which we are applying
dual-stack lite solution to IP mobility architectures. In this gateway
initiated dual-stack lite mode we are leveraging the mobile tunnel
by extending it to the CGN, and by using a UE specific softwire for
session identification.

Please review and comment.

Abstract

     Dual-Stack lite has been proposed as a IPv4 to IPv6 transition
     technology.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to migrate his
     network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to the end
     customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
     between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite large scale
     NAT.  Several existing network architectures (e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or
     PPP based broadband networks) already specify dual-stack deployment
     and leverage tunneling technology between the access device and an
     access gateway in the provider network.  Applying the existing dual-
     stack lite concept to these networks will result in changes to the
     end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This draft describes
     a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where existing access
     tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the dual-stack lite
     large scale NAT using softwires.  This evolved approach applies to
     IPv4 as well as IPv6 networks.

Regards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
      draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00

A new version of I-D, draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt has 
been successfuly submitted by Sri Gundavelli and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment
Creation_date:	 2009-10-13
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 21

Abstract:
Dual-Stack lite has been proposed as a IPv4 to IPv6 transition
technology.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to migrate his
network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to the end
customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite large scale
NAT.  Several existing network architectures (e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or
PPP based broadband networks) already specify dual-stack deployment
and leverage tunneling technology between the access device and an
access gateway in the provider network.  Applying the existing dual-
stack lite concept to these networks will result in changes to the
end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This draft describes
a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where existing access
tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the dual-stack lite
large scale NAT using softwires.  This evolved approach applies to
IPv4 as well as IPv6 networks.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext