Subject: [netext] FW: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:09:40 +0800

Hi all,

We have submitted this ID on fast handoff using dormant binding.
Dormant binding described in draft is a binding which enables packets of
one interface to be sent via another connected interface when
disconnection happens and binding is kept dormant mode until the
triggering event (disconnection) occurs.  

This ID is focusing on sudden disconnection scenarios via unstable
access, where such usage of dormant binding is useful to implement fast
handoff.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

BR,
Mohana
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 8:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Fast Handoff using Dormant Bindings in PMIPv6
	Author(s)       : M. Jeyatharan, C. Ng
	Filename        :
draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant-binding-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2009-10-15

A multiple interfaced mobile node (MN) may be connected to Proxy
Mobile Internet Protocol version 6 (PMIPv6) domain via a stable
access connection (e.g. cellular) and an unstable access connection
(e.g.  IEEE 802.11).  To eliminate packet loss and handoff delay due
to disconnection of the unstable access, a dormant binding method is
proposed access such that a binding is maintained in dormant mode in
the network until the mobile node is disconnected from the unstable
access.  Once activated, the binding allows the network to route data
packets intended for the unstable access via the stable access
connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeyatharan-netext-pmip-dormant
-binding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.