Subject: [netext] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-01.txt]

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:15:39 +0100

Hi all,

	We've submitted a draft describing the problem of fully supporting
mobile networks in PMIPv6 (see attached for details).

	As usual, comments are very welcome.

	Thanks,

	Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67

Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PMIPv6 and Network Mobility Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2009-10-25

The NETLMM WG standardized Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6).  PMIPv6
enables mobile devices to connect to a PMIPv6 domain and roam across
gateways without changing the IP address.

Current PMIPv6 specification does only support the movement of hosts
within the localized mobility domain.  A mobile network (commonly
referred to as a NEMO, NEtwork that MOves) can also benefit from the
network-based localized mobility support provided by PMIPv6, but in a
limited way.  This I-D describes what can be done with current
standardized protocols, and describes the problem statement of fully
supporting network mobility in Proxy Mobile IPv6.

The goal of this document is to present the problem -- and the use
cases where this problem is relevant to be solved -- to collect
feedback from the community about the interest in working on this
problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt