Subject: [netext] Localized Routing PS - AD comment section 3.1

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:59:43 +0100

Please find revised text for the following paragraph in section 3.1:

/- removed text -/.../+ added text +/

  Localized routing is understood in [RFC5213] as optimization of
  traffic between an MN and a CN that are attached to an access link
   connected to a same MAG.  In such case, the MAG forwards traffic
   directly between the MN and the CN, assuming the MAG is enabled to
   support this feature (setting of the EnableMAGLocalRouting flag on
   the MAG) and the MN's LMA enforces this optimization.  [RFC5213] does
   not specify how an LMA can enforce optimization for such local
   communication.  Maintaining local forwarding between the MN and the
   regular IPv6 CN gets more complex in case the MN performs a handover
   to a different MAG.  Such use case is not considered in the
   specification and out of scope of this problem statement.
/- This document focuses on use cases, where both nodes, the MN and the CN,
   are each registered with an LMA and both obtain PMIPv6 mobility
   service.-/
/+ This document focuses on use cases, where both nodes, the MN and the
   CN, are within a PMIPv6 network and served by an LMA. +/
 
Please comment during this week if you do not agree with this revision 
and propose
alternative text in such case. I plan to post version 6 on Monday.

marco

---

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:24:23 +0100

Sorry for re-sending this, I cc:'ed Jari.

Marco Liebsch wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext