Subject: [netext] Localized Routing PS - AD comment on section 4

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:26:08 +0100

Please find revised text for the following paragraph in section 4:

/+ added text +/

4.  Functional Requirements for Localized Routing

   Several tasks need to be performed by the network infrastructure
   components before relevant information for such direct communication
   is discovered and associated states for localized routing can be set
   up.  The following list summarizes some key functions, which need to
   be performed by the PMIPv6 enabled network infrastructure to
   substitute mobile nodes in setting up a direct route.

   o  Detection of the possibility to perform localized routing.  This
      function includes looking at data packets' source and destination
      address.

   o  Initiation of a procedure, which sets up a localized routing path.

   o  Discovery of stateful entities (i.e. the LMA(s) and/or the
      MAG(s)), which maintain and can provide relevant information
      needed to set up a localized routing path.  Such information may
      include the routable address of an LMA or MAG, where one or both
      mobile nodes are connected to and registered with.

   o  Control in setting up and maintaining (e.g. during handover) the
      localized routing path.  Control is also needed to terminate the
      use of a localized routing path and to delete associated states,
      whereas a trigger for the termination may come from a non-PMIPv6
      related component.
/+
   o  Enforcement of administrative policy rules to localized routing.
      Such policies allow operators having further control on the
      set up of a localized route and enable the possibility to disallow
      localized routing, for example to ensure that traffic traverses
      charging related functions on the LMA.
+/

Please comment during this week if you do not agree with this revision 
and propose
alternative text in such case. I plan to post version 6 on Monday.

marco