Subject: [netext] #8: TSV review of LR PS I-D

From: "netext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:05:40 -0000

#8: TSV review of LR PS I-D

 Hello,
 I've reviewed this document as part of the transport area
 directorate's ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These
 comments were written primarily for the transport area directors, but
 are copied to the document's authors for their information and to
 allow them to address any issues raised. The authors should consider
 this review together with any other last-call comments they
 receive. Please always CC [email-masked] if you reply to or forward
 this review.

 Summary:

 This draft describes the problem space for localized routing in PMIPv6,
 which supports direct communication between MAGs for MN and CN.
 This draft is basically ready for publication and I couldn't
 find any transport related issues in the draft.

 Minor comments:

 Would it be better to mention error detection and fallback function in
 Functional Requirements? It would be useful and helpful to fall back
 to normal routing when something happens.

 I believe localize routing is very useful in most cases. However, I think
 there will be the cases where we had better avoid localized routing,
 such as a case where there are some restrictions (policy, network quality
 or configuration, etc) in communications between MAGs.
 It might be better to address having some kind of control to enable
 localized routing in Functional Requirements in addition to checking
 source and destination addresses.

 Thanks,
 --
 Yoshifumi Nishida

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  basavaraj.patil@…          |       Owner:  liebsch@…        
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new              
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:                   
Component:  pmip6-lr-ps                |     Version:                   
 Severity:  -                          |    Keywords:                   
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/netext/trac/ticket/8>
netext <http://tools.ietf.org/netext/>