Subject: [netext] Charter and milestones..

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 05:10:02 +0000

Hello,

We have the following milestones as part of the Netext charter:

"
1. Jul  2010   WG decision on what Proxy Mobile IPv6 mechanisms are needed
to support
    flow mobility and inter-access handovers on a logical interface over
    multiple physical interfaces

2. Dec  2010    Submit Applicability Statement on Logical Interface over
Multiple Physical
    Interfaces to IESG for publication as Informational RFC

"

I am considering closing the 1st one since I do believe we have an
understanding of what extensions are needed for enabling FM and ITHO using
the logical interface.

I don¹t really see a need for the second one. We do not need such an
applicability statement IMO.

Please express your views regarding the above two milestones. I would like
to deprecate these from the charter and update the milestones with dates
that reflect the current state of the WG.

-Basavaraj

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:40:31 -0800

Hello Raj,

Pls. see inline.

> understanding of what extensions are needed for enabling FM and ITHO using

Although most of us do have an understanding on what extensions are
required on our own, I believe that fact that the lengthy discussion
we've been having on what types of extensions are required (e.g., MAG
initiated vs. LMA initiated) did not converge demonstrates that at the
WG level we do not have a common understanding.

Thus is still work in progress from perspective and the milestone
can't be closed. Hopefully we are able to close this after the Prague
meeting.

> applicability statement IMO.

The second one has been carefully crafted so that the WG does document
what are the requirements placed by the concept of logical interface
on other parts of the system where the PMIPv6 extension is to be used,
e.g., underlying  link layers. This hasn't been done so far, so I am
opposing removal of this milestone.

--julien

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:55:46 +0000

Okay. Lets discuss these at the WG meeting in Prague. No changes (other
than dates) will be requested from our ADs.

-Raj