Subject: [netext] My comments on draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-01

From: Xiangsong Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:02:20 +0800

Hi,

I have reviewed this draft, and I have two comments.

First, in the case of A11 scenario,

It reads "It is also possible that
   one of the mobility entities (LMA or MAG) could decide to initiate
   localized routing based on configured policy."

But based on the statement of section 2, ONLY LMA can initiate the LR
function in this case,
So I'm not sure, does this mean MAG may transmit a U-LRA to trigger the LMA
to initiate the LR function?

My Second comment is about the statement of section 4,

   "The MAG may refresh the lifetime of an existing local forwarding
   service.  For this, it sends an unsolicited LRA (U-LRA) message that
   contains the new lifetime value.  The MAG MUST wait for the following
   LRI message from the LMA before it can conclude that the refresh
   request is granted."

I think this is not very clear, what would happen in the LMA if the MAG
doesn't transmit the U-LRA message?
Does this mean the LMA MUST respond a LRI message to the MAG and the MAG
further transmits an acknowledge LRA?
If the MAG doesn't receive the following LRI, what would happen? Is there
any retransmission?
And, does the MAG transmit refreshment PBU to the LMA after it transmits the
U-LRA?

Thanks and regards,
Xiangsong