Subject: [netext] Seeking consensus on way forward with WG I-D: draft-ietf-netext-redirect

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:06:46 +0000

Hello,

The WG has been notified about the following IPR claim on the I-D:
draft-ietf-netext-redirect-07.txt
Please see:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netext/current/msg01982.html

The I-D which had been forwarded to the IESG for approval has now been
sent back to the WG. We would like to solicit feedback from the WG
members (and authors) about the way forward.
There are several possibilities as listed below (but not limited to):

1. The concern with the IPR is noted but no change to the current I-D
   is made (e.g., if the license is free and available for everyone

2. Since the IPR basically covers the solution documented in Section
   5.4 removing the whole section could be an option

3. Move Section 5.4 to an appendix and make it non-normative

4. Others?

Please provide your input to this discussion by June 15th, 2011. We
will move forward based on the consensus opinion.

-Chairs