Subject: [netext] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:06:58 +0200

Dear NETEXT WG,

We have submitted an individual draft extending Local Routing
optimization for protocol Mobile IPv6 (ROEXT): uses LRI/LRA, new
intermediary anchors (IAs) helping operator with QoS and lawful
interception despite LMA no longer in the path.

We would be happy to discuss about it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt

Thanks,

Alex

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: I-D Action: draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt
Date : Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:22:16 -0700
De : <[email-masked]>
Répondre à : <[email-masked]>
Pour : <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : RO Extensions for PMIPv6-LR (ROEXT)
	Author(s)       : Michael Mathias Boc
                           Christophe Janneteau
                           Alexandru Petrescu
	Filename        : draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2011-07-11

    The communication path between two Hosts within a Proxy Mobile IPv6
    domain is artificially long - it involves the LMA, even if straight
    paths exist (under same MAG, or MAG-to-MAG).  Localized Routing
    PMIPv6-LR concepts developped by NETEXT WG make use of LRI/LRA
    messages to achieve optimized MAG-to-MAG straight paths.  This may
    prove inconvenient for the network operator, in that it may loose
    ability to control traffic (LMA control point is skipped).

    In this draft we present a middle-ground solution.  It employs new
    Intermediary Anchors (IAs) in the paths between MAGs and offers
    points of control of traffic useful for QoS and lawful interception.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boc-netext-lr-roext-01.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt