Subject: [netext] MobOpts, Meeting in Quebec City

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:46:53 -0700

Folks,

FYI.. MobOpts will be meeting in Quebec City (please see below).
Among other things, this can be a good forum to discuss some "nascent"
topics.

Regards,

-Rajeev

------ Forwarded Message
From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:37:56 -0700
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Conversation: RG Status, Meeting in Quebec City
Subject: RG Status, Meeting in Quebec City

Hello folks,

It's been a while.. I wanted to share with you a quick status update.

First, RFC 6252 (Media Independent Pre-authentication Framework) was
published. Congratulations to the authors and the RG! So, we have published
all the outstanding documents (5 RFCs in all).

Next, let me introduce Suresh Krishnan as the new co-chair of MobOpts.
Suresh is keen on providing the rejuvenation the RG can benefit from, and
will the lead the effort.

We have had some exchange on this. The thinking is to broaden the scope of
the mobility work, including (but not limited to) the following:

- Investigate new mobility mechanisms and architectures, publish them as
peer-reviewed publications.

- Investigate privacy in mobile networks, especially with IPv6

- Investigate mobile device policy management for functions such as network
discovery, congestion reporting and flow management

- provide a general forum for discussing mobility studies in a larger sense
such as vehicular networks, personal area networks, 4G performance studies,
testbed evaluations etc.

- provide a forum for discussing experimental testbeds, results and so
forth.

We would like to hear your thoughts.

We are on the agenda for the Quebec City IETF. Please let us know if you
would like to request a slot on any relevant topic. At this point, we are
open for any new relevant topics.

Regards, 

-Rajeev Koodli, Suresh Krishnan

------ End of Forwarded Message