Subject: [netext] WG Last Call for I-D: draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:27:48 +0000

Hello,

This is a working group last call for the I-D:
Bulk Re-registration Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6
<draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-04.txt>

Abstract:
   For extending the lifetime of a mobility session, the Proxy Mobile
   IPv6 specification requires the mobile access gateway to send a Proxy
   Binding Update message to the local mobility agent on a per-session
   basis.  In the absence of signaling semantics for performing
   operations with group specific scope, it results in significant
   amount of signaling traffic on a periodic basis between a given
   mobile access gateway and a local mobility anchor.  This document
   defines an optimization to the re-registration and revocation
   operations in Proxy Mobile IPv6 for performing operations with group
   specific scope by allowing the use of a group identifier.

The I-D is intended for publication as a proposed standard.
The deadline for receiving comments (i.e end of WG LC) is July 24th,
2011.
Please send your review comments to the mailing list or authors.

-Chairs