Subject: [netext] LMA initiated flow mobility scenario in I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:16:55 +0000

Hello,

One of the issues that has been raised (by Julien) is about the capability
that allows an LMA to initiate flow switching.
The I-D states:
"
   A second possible scenario is the following.  A multi-interfaced
   mobile node is attached to a PMIPv6-Domain and the LMA, at a given
   moment, decides to move a flow.  The LMA can decide to move a flow as
   a result of a policy change or upon receiving a trigger either based
   on network status or based on an event detected at the mobile node
   and transported via old or new MAG.  How this decision is taken is
   out of scope of this specification.

"

One of the possible consequences of such an action would be packets being
sent into a void because the MN may be no longer attached to that MAG
through the specific interface. There has not been a good solution that
has been presented to the WG. This issue has been considered as being a
fundamental flaw.

In view of the criticality of this flaw, I would recommend that the LMA
initiated flow mobility capability be removed from the I-D prior to it
being accepted as the WG doc. If WG members feel strongly about having
this feature, it can be included at a later time when a reasonable
solution to address the above concern has been presented and accepted.

-Raj

---

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:27:13 -0700

Hi Raj,

> solution to address the above concern has been presented and accepted.

I support this approach.

Thanks,

--julien

---

From: Stefano Faccin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:14:35 +0000

Raj,
This sounds like a sensible approach and I fully support it.
Cheers,
Stefano Faccin

Standards Manager
Research In Motion Corporation 
5000 Riverside Drive 
Building 6, Brazos East, Ste. 100
Irving, Texas 75039 USA 
Note: located in PST

Office: (972) 910 3451  
Internal: 820.63451
Mobile : (510) 230 8422
www.rim.com; www.blackberry.com 

 Consider the environment before printing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netext] LMA initiated flow mobility scenario in I-D draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob

Hello,

"

-Raj

_______________________________________________
netext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.