Subject: [netext] Review of I-D: draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:48:04 +0000

Review of I-D: draft-ietf-netext-bulk-re-registration-06

s/so to perform/so as to perform

s/so some of relevant protocol operations can be performed on the
entire group/in order to allow relevant protocol operations to be
performed on the entire group.

s/The document/This document

s/will be the amount of /will the amount of

Comment: "A mobile access gateway when sending a Proxy Binding Update
message
   can request the local mobility anchor to assign a group identifier
   for the mobile node's mobility session."

   You might want to clarify that this is done for an MN which is
   performing initial attachment and for which there does not exist any
   mobility session yet.

s/the message confirm /the message conform

Comment: " Any time the local mobility anchor detects that the mobile node
      has roamed and changed its point of attachment to a new mobile
      access gateway, it SHOULD also update the group identifier of the
      mobility session. "

      If the LMA detects that an MN has attached to a different MAG it
      MUST delete the entry from the previous group. And subsequently
      update the GID if one has been assigned as a result of
      attachment to the new MAG.

The security section does not address the threats arising from the
ability to perform bulk operations. Suggest further enhancing the
security considerations section to include concerns about bulk
operations.

-Raj

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:51:26 -0700

Thanks Raj. Posted.

Regards
Sri

On 10/17/11 1:48 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> netext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext