Subject: [netext] New Version Notification for draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos-01.txt

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:40:27 +0000

Please find an update of our draft about a QoS option for PMIP6 on the IETF repository, which
addresses comments from last meeting. The current version includes more details about the
proposed operation and QoS attributes.

Marco

Filename:            draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos

Revision:              01

Title:                      Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6

Creation date:   2012-03-12

WG ID:                  Individual Submission

Number of pages: 32

Link: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-liebsch-netext-pmip6-qos-01.txt

Abstract:

   This specification defines a new mobility option that can be used by

   the mobility entities in the Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to exchange

   Quality of Service parameters associated with a subscriber&#39;s IP

   flows.  Using the QoS option, the local mobility anchor and the

   mobile access gateway can exchange available QoS attributes and

   associated values.  This enables QoS policing and labeling of packets

   to enforce QoS differentiation on the path between the local mobility

   anchor and the mobile access gateway.  Furthermore, making QoS

   parameters available on the MAG enables mapping these parameters to

   QoS rules being specific to the access technology which operates

   below the mobile access gateway.  After such mapping, QoS rules can

   be enforced on the access technology components, such as an IEEE

   802.11e Wireless LAN controller.