Subject: [netext] RFC 6705 on Localized Routing for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:32:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6705

        Title:      Localized Routing for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     S. Krishnan, R. Koodli,
                    P. Loureiro, Q. Wu,
                    A. Dutta
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43309
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6705.txt

Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a network based mobility management
protocol that enables IP mobility for a host without requiring its
participation in any mobility-related signaling.  PMIPv6 requires all
communications to go through the local mobility anchor.  As this can
be suboptimal, Localized Routing (LR) allows Mobile Nodes (MNs) attached to
the same or different Mobile Access Gateways (MAGs) to route traffic by
using localized forwarding or a direct tunnel between the gateways.
This document proposes initiation, utilization, and termination
mechanisms for localized routing between mobile access gateways
within a proxy mobile IPv6 domain.  It defines two new signaling
messages, Localized Routing Initiation (LRI) and Local Routing
Acknowledgment (LRA), that are used to realize this mechanism.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC