Subject: [netext] RFC 6757 on Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6757

        Title:      Access Network Identifier (ANI) Option 
                    for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     S. Gundavelli, Ed., 
                    J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    M. Grayson,
                    K. Leung,
                    R. Pazhyannur
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43863
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-access-network-option-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6757.txt

The local mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) domain is
able to provide access-network- and access-operator-specific handling
or policing of the mobile node traffic using information about the
access network to which the mobile node is attached.  This
specification defines a mechanism and a related mobility option for
carrying the access network identifier and the access operator
identification information from the mobile access gateway to the
local mobility anchor over Proxy Mobile IPv6.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC