Subject: [netext] #11: Vague assumption on handover decision model

From: "netext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:08:00 -0000

#11: Vague assumption on handover decision model

 The I-D is not clear about the mobility initiator (mobility initiated by
 the mobile node or by the LMA?). For example, section 3.2.1 seems to
 implicitly assume LMA initiated mobility [the local mobility anchor does
 not need to perform any kind of signaling in order to move flows] while
 section 3.2.2 states that "The trigger for the flow movement can be on the
 mobile [...] node or on the network"

 However, the assumption on handover decision making must be clearly stated
 somewhere in the document (use-case section or in the beginning on the
 section "basic operations"....). Besides, it must be clarified that
 decision to move flows MUST be either on the MN or the LMA, not on both.
 The point is: when LMA and MN decision do not match, only one of these two
 entities must be able to make the final decision, otherwise there no way
 to synchronize forwarding policies. Note that this point has been already
 discussed on list.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-netext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                 |  Milestone:
Component:  pmipv6-flowmob           |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netext/trac/ticket/11>
netext <http://tools.ietf.org/netext/>