Subject: [netext] #18: Interface marking is needed

From: "netext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:32:55 -0000

#18: Interface marking is needed

 Sec. 5.1 on Multiple Proxy Care-of Address Registration needs to have a
 major revision. In RFC 6089, MN can register mcoa's because MN knows it
 has multiple interfaces. In PMIPv6, MAG sends PBU and MAG is connected to
 only one interface of MN not multiple so MAG can not make mcoa's or
 multiple proxy registrations.

 Solution: LMA after receiving PBU from the second MAG for an MN with an
 existing binding cache entry must mark this interface as visiting
 interface to distinguish it from the first "home" interface and LMA must
 indicate this marking in PBA. This way the second MAG knows it has made
 multiple proxy registration.
 MAG can then initiate flow mobility.

-- 
--------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  pmipv6-flowmob      |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Keywords:  PMIP flow mobility
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/netext/trac/ticket/18>
netext <http://tools.ietf.org/netext/>