Subject: [netext] #17: restrict scenario #2 to LMA initiated handover

From: "netext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:39:38 -0000

#17: restrict scenario #2  to LMA initiated handover

 scenario #2/section 3.2.2 gives two examples of triggers for MN initiated
 handover:

 1. by using layer-2 signaling: what kind of L2 signaling, between MN and
 LMA, can be used as mobility trigger? It must be clearly stated if such a
 statement implicitly leads to requirement on L2 (e.g. support of IEEE
 802.21 required).
 2. by explicitly start sending flow packets via a new interface: this
 statement seems to conflict with the need for FMI/FMA. If the packet can
 reach the LMA, the MAG does need to be configured (I can't remember if we
 have already discussed this on the list... sorry if so...)

 If operations for MN initiated handover cannot be clearly described, it
 should mentioned that scenario #2 covers only LMA initiated handover only.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-netext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  pmipv6-flowmob           |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netext/trac/ticket/17>
netext <http://tools.ietf.org/netext/>