Subject: [netext] #19: Issue in using BID from RFC 5648

From: "netext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:53:25 -0000

#19: Issue in using BID from RFC 5648

 In the draft, BID is mentioned many times: Fig. 3 & Fig. 5 show BID values
 1 from MAG1 and 2 from MAG2.

 BID is mainly
    defined in RFC 5648 for multiple-interfaced mobile nodes with Mobile
 IPv6
    functionalities.  The BID is an identification number used to
    distinguish multiple bindings REGISTERED BY the MOBILE NODE.  Each
    BID is GENERATED and MANAGED by a MOBILE NODE in Mobile IPv6.

 In
    Proxy Mobile IPv6, MOBILITY MANAGEMENT of MOBILE NODES WITH
 MULTIPLE INTERFACES IS RUN in DIFFERENT INDEPENDENT MAGs.
 Each MAG sees only one interface.
 Because of all these reasons, BID
 loses its meaning.

 In the draft, Sec. 5.1, it says that BID is assigned and used by the local
 mobility anchor.
 It is not explained why LMA would need BID in searching the binding cache
 for flows? Remember that RFC 5648 is not about flow mobility, so RFC 5648
 assumes a single entry for each interface of MN in the binding cache.

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  pmipv6-flowmob      |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Keywords:  BID, PMIPv6, flow mobility
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/netext/trac/ticket/19>
netext <http://tools.ietf.org/netext/>