Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> (Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:32:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies protocol enhancements for allowing the local
   mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to asynchronously
   notify the mobile access gateway about changes related to a mobility
   session.  These update notification messages are exchanged using a
   new Mobility Header message type specifically designed for this
   purpose.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 03:28:36 +0200

Hi,

I've taken a look at the current version of the draft and I think it is
in good shape.

I have a couple of comments:

- I think it might be useful to include an additional NR
Code for obtaining Updated Access Network Identifier (ANI) parameters.
The LMA would send a UPN message to the MAG with
NR=Updated-ANI-Parameters and then the MAG would send the PBU with the
updated ANI parameters.

- In the last NETEXT session we discussed about using the update
notifications for the flow mobility solution draft
(draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob). I think it might be good to add a
Notification Reason related to flow mobility updates, or at least a
reference to the flowmob document (we can also define the Notification
Reason in draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob).

Thanks,

Carlos

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 04:17:19 +0000

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your review comments. Please see inline.

>NR=Updated-ANI-Parameters and then the MAG would send the PBU with the

Yes. We discussed this, but we seem to have missed this comment. Will
include this NR  code.

>Reason in draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-flowmob).

Sure. Will add a reference to the spec.

Regards
Sri

>_______________________________________________
>netext mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext