Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip-10.txt> (Prefix Delegation Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 05:45:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Prefix Delegation Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-10-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines extensions to the Proxy Mobile IPv6
   protocol for allowing a mobile router in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain
   to obtain IP prefixes for its attached mobile networks using DHCPv6
   prefix delegation.  Network-based mobility management support is
   provided for those delegated IP prefixes just as it is provided for
   the mobile node's home address.  Even if the mobile router performs a
   handoff and changes its network point of attachment, mobility support
   is ensured for all the delegated IP prefixes and for all the IP nodes
   in the mobile network that use IP address configuration from those
   delegated IP prefixes.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pd-pmip/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2121/