Subject: [netext] Protocol Action: 'Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:43:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Update Notifications for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-update-notifications/

Technical Summary:

This document specifies protocol enhancements for allowing the local
mobility anchor in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain to asynchronously
notify the mobile access gateway about changes related to a mobility
session. These update notification messages are exchanged using a
new Mobility Header message type specifically designed for this
purpose.

Working Group Summary:

The extension to Proxy Mobile IPv6 was viewed as essential to the
protocol and hence was adopted by the working group and progressed
with no issues.

Document Quality:

The document has been reviewed by multiple experts within the working
group and has been updated based on the feedback received. The quality
of the document itself is good and ready for IESG review. All
reviewers have been acknowledged in the I-D. The extension is relevant
and has been requested by 3GPP as an enhancement to the
protocol. Multiple vendors are likely to implement this extension to
Proxy Mobile IPv6.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Document Shepherd: Basavaraj Patil
Responsible AD: Brian Haberman

---

From: "Rajeev Koodli (rkoodli)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:23:52 +0000

Thanks everyone in the WG!

And, thanks to authors for the hard work.

Regards,

-Chairs

On 10/9/13 1:43 PM, "The IESG" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>netext mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext