Subject: [netext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:00:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6
        Authors         : Marco Liebsch
                          Pierrick Seite
                          Hidetoshi Yokota
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Sri Gundavelli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-10.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2013-12-25

Abstract:
   This specification defines a new mobility option, the Quality of
   Service (QoS) option, for Proxy Mobile IPv6.  This option can be used
   by the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway for
   negotiating Quality of Service parameters for a mobile node's IP
   flows.  The negotiated QoS parameters can be used for QoS policing
   and marking of packets to enforce QoS differentiation on the path
   between the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway.
   Furthermore, making QoS parameters available on the mobile access
   gateway enables mapping of these parameters to QoS rules that are
   specific to the access technology and allows those rules to be
   enforced on the access network using access technology specific
   approaches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jong-Hyouk Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:06:58 +0900

Hi, Sri...I read the draft: draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-10

This document is well organized and describes what we need for QoS packet
marking on the path between the LMA and MAG. Let me give only some
editorial comments. Kindly consider. Thx.

Editorial comments:

In p4, I suppose the following “… whereas inter-working with the cellular
architecture to establish QoS policies in alternative access networks has
not received much attention so far.” should be revised as there are many
research expressing attention. Just standardisation work is needed for this
and you are now doing.

In p4, "for mobile nodes (MN)." -> for mobile nodes (MNs)."

In p4, "and on the mobile access gateway and its access network for the
uplink traffic.” -> "and on the mobile access gateway for the uplink
traffic.”

In p5, “for this IP session.” -> “for the mobile node’s traffic”

In p6, "Additionally, this document uses the following abbreviations:” ->
"Additionally, this document    uses the following terminologies (or
definitions):”

In p7, "anchor is referred to as the Downlink traffic.” -> "anchor are
referred to as the Downlink traffic.”

In p7, "anchor is referred to as the Uplink traffic.” -> "anchor are
referred to as the Uplink traffic.”

In p7, “Each of those services provide” -> “Each of those services provides”

In p9, "The Quality of Service support” -> "The Quality of Service (QoS)
support”

In p9, "Differentiated-Services architecture” -> "Differentiated-Services
(DiffServ) architecture”

In p9, “The access and the home network” -> “The access and home networks”

In p9, "between the access and the home network” -> "between the access
network and the home network”

In p9, "These entities being” -> "These mobility entities being”

In p9, "at these nodes.” -> "at the mobility entities.”

In p9, “negotiate the Quality of Service parameters” -> "negotiate the QoS
parameters”

In p9, “QoS service negotiation.” -> “QoS negotiation.”

In p9, "the type of QoS services that are to be enabled for a mobile node”
-> "the type of QoS that is enabled for a mobile node”

In p9, "for providing QoS service differentiation on the path” -> "for
providing the DiffServ on the path”

In p9, "The signaling related to QoS services is strictly between the
mobility entities and does not result” -> “The signaling extensions defined
in this document are strictly applied into the mobile node’s traffic
between the mobility entities  and do not result”

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 4:00 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

-- 
Jong-Hyouk Lee, living somewhere between /dev/null and /dev/random

#email: jonghyouk (at) gmail (dot) com
#webpage: http://sites.google.com/site/hurryon/