Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-11.txt> (Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 06:12:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Quality of Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-03-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a new mobility option, the Quality of
   Service (QoS) option, for Proxy Mobile IPv6.  This option can be used
   by the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway for
   negotiating Quality of Service parameters for a mobile node's IP
   flows.  The negotiated QoS parameters can be used for QoS policing
   and marking of packets to enforce QoS differentiation on the path
   between the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway.
   Furthermore, making QoS parameters available on the mobile access
   gateway enables mapping of these parameters to QoS rules that are
   specific to the access technology and allows those rules to be
   enforced on the access network using access technology specific
   approaches.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.