Subject: [netext] RFC 7222 on Quality-of-Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 14:38:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7222

        Title:      Quality-of-Service Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     M. Liebsch, P. Seite,
                    H. Yokota, J. Korhonen,
                    S. Gundavelli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 139026
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmip6-qos-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7222.txt

This specification defines a new mobility option, the Quality-of-
Service (QoS) option, for Proxy Mobile IPv6.  This option can be used
by the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway for
negotiating Quality-of-Service parameters for a mobile node's IP
flows.  The negotiated QoS parameters can be used for QoS policing
and marking of packets to enforce QoS differentiation on the path
between the local mobility anchor and the mobile access gateway.
Furthermore, making QoS parameters available on the mobile access
gateway enables mapping of these parameters to QoS rules that are
specific to the access technology and allows those rules to be
enforced on the access network using access-technology-specific
approaches.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC