Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes-08.txt> (EAP Attributes for WiFi - EPC Integration) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:02:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'EAP Attributes for WiFi - EPC Integration'
  <draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   With WiFi emerging as a trusted access network for service providers,
   it has become important to provide functions commonly available in 3G
   and 4G networks in WiFi access networks as well.  Such functions
   include Access Point Name (APN) Selection, multiple Packet Data
   Network (PDN) connections and seamless mobility between WiFi and
   3G/4G networks.

   The EAP/AKA (and EAP/AKA') protocol is required for mobile devices to
   access the mobile Evolved Packet Core (EPC) via trusted WiFi
   networks.  This document defines a few new EAP attributes to enable
   the above-mentioned functions in trusted WiFi access networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.