Subject: [netext] Addition of text for IANA section of WiFi-EAP Attributes draft

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 12:59:54 -0700

Hello folks,

background: draft-ietf-netext-wifi-epc-eap-attributes specifies a new IANA
registry for EAP attributes, with a Specification Required clause. Jouni
and Pierrick have agreed to be the Designated Experts for future IANA
requests for assignments.

proposal: the following text is proposed for the IANA Designated Expert's
review of future requests for EAP attribute assignments from the
above-mentioned registry. This text is a guidance for IANA, and I am
including here for WG information.

"The Designated Expert should review the requirements for new assignments
based on factors including, but not limited to, the source of request
(e.g., standards bodies), deployment needs (e.g., industry consortium,
operator community) and experimental needs (e.g., academia, industrial
labs). A document outlining the purpose of new assignments should accompany
the request. Such a document could be a standards document, or a research
project description. The Designated Expert should consider that there is
sufficient evidence of potential usage both on the end-points (e.g., Mobile
Devices etc.) and the infrastructure (e.g., AAA servers, gateways etc.)"

Please let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks.

-Rajeev