Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-ani-location-07.txt> (Extensions to the PMIPv6 Access Network Identifier Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:38:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Extensions to the PMIPv6 Access Network Identifier Option'
  <draft-ietf-netext-ani-location-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Access Network Identifier (ANI) Mobility option was introduced in
   Access Network Identifier Option for Proxy Mobile IPv6 (RFC 6757).
   This enables a Mobility Access Gateway (MAG) to convey identifiers
   like network identifier, geolocation, and operator identifier.  This
   specification extends the Access Network Identifier mobility option
   with sub options to carry civic location and MAG group Identifier.
   This specification also defines an ANI Update-Timer sub option that
   determines when and how often the ANI option will be updated.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-ani-location/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-ani-location/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.