Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06.txt> (Mapping PMIPv6 QoS Procedures with WLAN QoS procedures) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:32:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Mapping PMIPv6 QoS Procedures with WLAN QoS procedures'
  <draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidelines for achieving end to end Quality-
   of-Service (QoS) in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) domain where the
   access network is based on IEEE 802.11. RFC 7222 describes QoS
   negotiation between a Mobility Access Gateway (MAG) and Local
   Mobility Anchor (LMA) in a PMIPv6 mobility domain. The negotiated QoS
   parameters can be used for QoS policing and marking of packets to
   enforce QoS differentiation on the path between the MAG and LMA. IEEE
   802.11-2012, Wi-Fi Multimedia - Admission Control (WMM-AC) describes
   methods for QoS negotiation between a Wi-Fi Station (MN in PMIPv6
   terminology) and an Access Point. This document provides a mapping
   between the above two sets of QoS procedures and the associated QoS
   parameters. This document is intended to be used as a companion
   document to RFC 7222 to enable implementation of end to end QoS.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.