Subject: [netext] Document Action: 'Mapping PMIPv6 QoS Procedures with WLAN QoS Procedures' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:01:22 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Mapping PMIPv6 QoS Procedures with WLAN QoS Procedures'
  (draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi/

Technical Summary:

   This document provides guidelines for achieving end to end QoS in a
   PMIPv6 domain where the access network is based on IEEE 802.11.   
   RFC 7222 describes QoS negotiation between a MAG and LMA in a PMIPv6
   mobility domain. The negotiated QoS parameters can be used for QoS
   policing and marking of packets to enforce QoS differentiation on the
   path between the MAG and LMA. IEEE 802.11-2012, WMM-AC describes
   methods for QoS negotiation between a Wi-Fi Station (MN in PMIPv6
   terminology) and an Access Point. This document provides a mapping
   between the above two sets of QoS procedures and the associated QoS
   parameters. This document is intended to be used as a companion
   document to RFC 7222 to enable implementation of end to end QoS.   

Working Group Summary:

   The working group initially had reservations about taking up this
   work. However the authors have subsequently worked through the
   concerns and updated the scope and the I-D to better meet the needs
   of the Proxy Mobile IPv6  protocol in WiFi deployments. There is
   strong WG support at this time to publish this I-D as an
   informational RFC.

Document Quality:

   There are no known implementation of the QoS for WiFi proposal in
   this I-D. The document does not propose any protocol per se.
   
   The I-D has been reviewed by multiple people and they have been
   acknowledged. 

   The document does not specify any MIB, Media type or URIs. 	 

Personnel:

    Document Shepherd: Basavaraj Patil
    Responsible AD: Brian Haberman