Subject: [netext] RFC 7561 on Mapping Quality of Service (QoS) Procedures of Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) and WLAN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:26:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7561

        Title:      Mapping Quality of Service (QoS) 
                    Procedures of Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) 
                    and WLAN 
        Author:     J. Kaippallimalil, R. Pazhyannur, P. Yegani
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 50348
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-pmip-qos-wifi-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7561

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7561

This document provides guidelines for achieving end-to-end Quality of
Service (QoS) in a Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) domain where the access
network is based on IEEE 802.11.  RFC 7222 describes QoS negotiation
between a Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) and Local Mobility Anchor (LMA)
in a PMIPv6 mobility domain.  The negotiated QoS parameters can be
used for QoS policing and marking of packets to enforce QoS
differentiation on the path between the MAG and LMA.  IEEE 802.11 and
Wi-Fi Multimedia - Admission Control (WMM-AC) describe methods for
QoS negotiation between a Wi-Fi Station (MN in PMIPv6 terminology)
and an Access Point.  This document provides a mapping between the
above two sets of QoS procedures and the associated QoS parameters.
This document is intended to be used as a companion document to RFC
7222 to enable implementation of end-to-end QoS.

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC