Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-12.txt> (Logical-interface Support for Multi-access enabled IP Hosts) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 06:24:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Logical-interface Support for Multi-access enabled IP Hosts'
  <draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support-12.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Logical-interface is a software semantic internal to the host
   operating system.  This semantic is available in all popular
   operating systems and is used in various protocol implementations.
   The Logical-interface support is required on the mobile node attached
   to a Proxy Mobile IPv6 domain, for leveraging various network-based
   mobility management features such as inter-technology handoffs,
   multihoming and flow mobility support.  This document explains the
   operational details of Logical-interface construct and the specifics
   on how the link-layer implementations hide the physical interfaces
   from the IP stack and from the network nodes on the attached access
   networks.  Furthermore, this document identifies the applicability of
   this approach to various link-layer technologies and analyzes the
   issues around it when used in conjunction with various mobility
   management features.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.