Subject: [netext] CFP - MDPI Sensors (IF: 3.031) Special Issue “Recent Advances in Sensing and IoT Technologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2020 12:02:51 +0200

(Apologies if you received duplicate copies of this CFP)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CALL FOR PAPERS for Special Issue of MDPI Sensors on

      “Recent Advances in Sensing and IoT Technologies”

      https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/special_issues/SIoTT

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Special Issue Information

The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network connecting billions of 
physical objects and devices that are capable of sensing and sharing 
data between themselves and the Internet. Hence, one of the core goals 
of an IoT system is to provide a digital overlay of information over the 
physical world, in domains such as industries, smart cities, 
transportation, and energy. Thus, sensing and embedded systems are key 
enabling technologies for the IoT vision.

The increasing popularity of IoT applications is driving an exponential 
growth in connected IoT devices and generated data. As a result, the 
current IoT system architectures and communication technologies are 
facing significant technical challenges to meet the requirements of 
connectivity, scalability, and interoperability, as well as to 
efficiently support the transmission and processing of large volumes of 
data. Hence, there is a need for new enabling technologies, end-to-end 
architectures, and data management platforms. This Special Issue aims to 
foster the dissemination of high-quality research with emerging ideas, 
approaches, theories, and practice to resolve the challenging issues 
related to the development of IoT ecosystems. Comprehensive review 
papers on the emerging research trends in the IoT domain are highly 
encouraged.

This special issue belongs to the section “Internet of Things”. Topics 
of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

- Sensor technologies and protocols for IoT systems
- IoT technologies and wireless sensor networks for smart cities and 
smart homes
- IoT in 5G and beyond 5G networks
- Edge, fog, and cloud computing architectures for IoT systems
- SDN and NFV solutions for IoT systems
- Mission-critical IoT applications like smart grid, healthcare, 
connected vehicles, and so on
- Security, privacy, and trust management in IoT
- IoT solutions for crowdsourcing and crowd-sensing

Special Issue Editors
Dr. Raffaele Bruno
Prof. Sherali Zeadally

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Manuscript Submission Information

Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com 
(https://www.mdpi.com/) by registering 
(https://www.mdpi.com/user/register/) and logging in to this website 
(https://www.mdpi.com/user/login/). Once you are registered, click here 
to go to the submission form 
(https://susy.mdpi.com/user/manuscripts/upload/?journal=sensors). 
Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be 
peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the 
journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special 
issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short 
communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short 
abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for 
announcement on this website.

Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be 
under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference 
proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a 
single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant 
information for submission of manuscripts is available on the 
Instructions for Authors 
(https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/instructions) page. Sensors 
(https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/) is an international 
peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.

Please visit the Instructions for Authors 
(https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/instructions) page before 
submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) 
(https://www.mdpi.com/about/apc/) for publication in this open access 
(https://www.mdpi.com/about/openaccess/) journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss 
Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. 
Authors may use MDPI's English editing service 
(https://www.mdpi.com/authors/english) prior to publication or during 
author revisions.