Subject: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:03:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

As discussed in Prague, and in
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg05680.html, I
have published draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type with the initial version
of the "iana-if-type" typedef.

See http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-00.

This typedef is a YANG definition of the registry "ifType definitions"
found at http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers.  The YANG module
was generated from this registry and IANAIfTypeMIB by using smidump +
sh + awk + emacs macros.

This should be a fairly straight forward document, so please review.
I have no open issues.

/martin

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:53:53 +0200

> of the "iana-if-type" typedef.

The core routing module will most likely need to use IANA AFI and SAFI identifiers. Maybe it would be better to collect the typedefs corresponding to IANA enumerations in a single module (ietf-iana-types), rather than create a separate module for each?

Lada

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:18:31 +0200

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 05:53:53PM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
> 
> The core routing module will most likely need to use IANA AFI and
> SAFI identifiers. Maybe it would be better to collect the typedefs
> corresponding to IANA enumerations in a single module
> (ietf-iana-types), rather than create a separate module for each?

AFI? SAFI?

I am not sure I like kitchen sink modules.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:35:27 +0200

>> (ietf-iana-types), rather than create a separate module for each?

Why the question marks? They will be needed in order to support Multiprotocol BGP.

> I am not sure I like kitchen sink modules.

So what's your suggestion?

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:58:16 -0700

I agree with Juergen.
One giant module for all IANA typedefs will change too often.
This special case (ifType) deserves its own module.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Juergen Schoenwaelder
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:19 AM
To: Ladislav Lhotka
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type

AFI? SAFI?

/js

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:18:26 +0200

> Why the question marks? They will be needed in order to support

Because I do not know what these acronyms stand for. And if I guess
what you might have in mind, I am not even sure you want/need them
under IANA control.

/js