Subject: [netmod] smi2yang-07: augments must be top-level schema tree nodes

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:01:54 +0200

* smi2yang-07: augments must be top-level schema tree nodes

   The current I-D <draft-schoenw-netmod-smi-yang-02> shows the
   following translation of an augmenting table:

     container ifXTable {
       description
        "A list of interface entries.  The number of entries is
         given by the value of ifNumber.  This table contains
         additional objects for the interface table."

       augment "/if-mib:interfaces/if-mib:ifTable" +
               "/if-mib:ifEntry" {
         description
          "An entry containing additional management information
           applicable to a particular interface.";

         // ...
       }

   This is not legal YANG since the augment-stmt is only allowed as a
   top-level body statement in YANG.

** Solution #07-01

   Move the augments to the top-level. We will loose the description
   of the table node. State that the table description MAY be
   translated into comments. Note that this is related to the
   resolution of smi2yang-01.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 13:24:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]> wrote:
>    Move the augments to the top-level.

Yes, this is necessary.

>    We will loose the description

How is this related to smi2yang-01?

/martin

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:58:48 +0200

> How is this related to smi2yang-01?

Well, producing a container nesting structure for an augmenting table
that translates to a top-level augment won't be very useful. But
anyway, the fact that augment statements must be top-level statements
is a hard requirement.

So I guess I can write this down / implement this since we have no
other choice here.

/js