Subject: [netmod] IETF 81 Audio Streaming

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:54:42 +0200

Hi,

remote participants of the Quebec IETF meeting may want to take note
of this.

/js

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Nick Kukich
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 12:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF 81 Audio Streaming

Greetings!

We're two weeks out from the beginning of meeting streaming. For those
interested in monitoring sessions or participating remotely the
following information may prove useful.

- -Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 81 meeting will be broadcast starting
with the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, July 25, 2011
at 0900 EDT (GMT-4) and continue until Friday, July 29 at 1515 EDT.

Because we have been asked several times in the past, note that if you
wish to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting
during unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote
participants to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be
guaranteed for unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be
assumed that recording or observation is not occurring on open
microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, which as per Standard operating procedure will be
located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/81/ <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/80/> 

- -Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html
<http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html> 

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

- -Webex-

Webex screen sharing participation is possible for a limited number of
sessions. Consult with your working-group chair or the secretariat for
more information.

- -Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

For streaming related issues please send email to 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  with
info including the current time and affected streaming channel.

Regards,

Nick Kukich

Network Engineer
Verilan Event Services, Inc.

503.710.5115