Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 00:34:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : YANG Data Model for System Management
	Author(s)       : Andy Bierman
                          Martin Bjorklund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-00.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2012-01-31

   This document defines a YANG data model for the configuration and
   identification of the management system of a device.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-00.txt

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 08:49:14 -0800

>     identification of the management system of a device.

Hi,

Please review this draft and send comments to the mailing list.

 > ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-00.txt

The original timezone name list is not unique (the same abbreviation for
multiple locations), so I appended '-2', '-3' to some of them.  e.g.:

          enum ECT {
            description
              "Eastern Caribbean Time (does not recognise DST) UTC-04";
          }
          enum ECT-2 {
            description
              "Ecuador Time UTC-05";
          }

Afterwards I realized that changing these strings defeats the purpose
of using well-known strings in the first place.

I think all timezone-name stuff should be removed from the draft
because the strings are not unique, and therefore broken for
setting the timezone.

Andy