Subject: [netmod] review of draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-04

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:17:44 -0700

I have reviewed draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-04 and here are my
comments/questions.
1. General comments. The enum and type definition needs more description or
reference documentation.
2. 
3.  basicISDN and primaryISDN are no longer used. Should I-D use status
'obsolete'?
4. 
5. Thanks,
6. Lisa
7.

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:21:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> 1. General comments. The enum and type definition needs more description or

This module is just a YANG-version of the IANA "ifType definitions"
registry.  So the text in the YANG module is the text in this
registry.

> 3.  basicISDN and primaryISDN are no longer used. Should I-D use status

Since they are not marked as obsolete in the IANA registry, they
are obsolete in this module.  If they should be marked as obsolete,
the change should go into the IANA registry.

/martin

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:25:14 -0700

I noticed that the MIB is lack of documentation as well. I would say it
was poorly designed. I found an iana document which has more information.
If you could add them to the YANG, it adds more value.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers.

Thanks,

Lisa

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:35:23 +0200 (CEST)

> http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers.

Actually, the YANG module was originally generated from this registry,
and I have since then manually updated the last ~10 entries.  So I
believe the YANG module has all info found in the registry.  The only
exception is that the registry sometimes has a person's name/email
listed as a reference - this info is not copied to the YANG module.
Only references to proper documents are kept.

If anything is missing, please let me know.

/martin