Subject: [netmod] adoption of draft-lange-netmod-iana-timezones

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:48:56 +0200

Hi,
this a quick poll to determine whether the WG wants to adopt the
IANA maintained timezone typedef as WG document. The typedef is
currently defined in:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lange-netmod-iana-timezones-01

Please respond to the mailing list by 2012-07-08 if you think
this is the right way forward or if you have reasons that we
should not follow this path.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:08:18 +0200

> should not follow this path.

This is a friendly reminder that people should air their opinion about
using an IANA module for timezones.

/js

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:16:16 -0700

I support adopting this draft.
IMO it is already covered by the ietf-system charter.
We just want to make this typedef easier to reuse.

Andy

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 20:58:31 +0200

> We just want to make this typedef easier to reuse.

I also support adopting the draft. It is very reasonable to have the IANA-controlled stuff as separate documents.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Chris Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:11:34 -0400

I would rather simply keep everything in UTC/GMT. However, given that that's not going to happen, I support IANA maintaining this for us. 

Chris.

-- 
Chris Elliott

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:18:09 +0200

> should not follow this path.

Andy, Ladislav, and Chris have expressed their support. As technical
contributor, I support it as well. There were no dissenting voices.
So we will make this a WG document.

Jeffrey, if you manage, please submit a -00 working group document
(draft-ietf-netmod-iana-timezones-00) before the cutoff today at
17:00 PT (UTC -7).

/js