Subject: [netmod] OpenDaylight JSON RPC 2.0 Initial commit announcement

From: Anton Ivanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:20:45 +0000

Good morning all,

We have pushed the code for the JSON RPC 2.0 ODL extension into the 
OpenDaylight code repository. Apologies for the delay - this was 
intended for OpenDaylight Boron, but had to be delayed for reasons 
outside our control.

This extension implements (and extends) RFC 7951 in a remote procedure 
call and notification context.

The spec for the yang modelling of JSON RPC 2.0 is written as an IETF 
draft and its first version is at: 
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-yang-json-rpc-00.txt (cc-ing the 
[email-masked] list so we can start the discussion on the spec as 
well). It covers a number of aspects not covered in RFC 7951 which show 
up when you try to use JSON in an RPC and notification context 
(especially versus existing code).

The code to match the spec is at https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/jsonrpc

Any code or use specific questions - please take them to the jsonrpc-dev 
opendaylight mailing list.

Best Regards,

A.