Subject: Re: [netmod] example modules in 6087bis-10

From: t.petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 12:29:24 +0000

I don't understand!

- s.4.2
"The following example is for the '2010-01-18' revision of the
'ietf-foo' module: "

 compared with

"
revision 2016-03-20 { description "Latest revision";  reference "RFC
XXXX";
"

and I would add an RFC Editor note for XXXX to replace XXXX with the
number of this RFC once published.

- 50 pages in I come across to reference to YANG 1.1 - this may come as
a shock to some; it left me wondering about the applicability of the
first 50 pages; I think this should be clarified if only for those who
may be unaware of the concurrent existence of different versions of
YANG.

- IANA Considerations
I-D 5226bis suggests a form of words such as
"   Because this document obsoletes RFC 4637, IANA is asked to change
      all registration information that references [RFC4637] to instead
      reference [[this RFC]]."
with /4367/6087/ in this case;  I would find that clearer.  The current
text talks of changes and I see none, apart from Appendix B to Appendix
C and this does not figure on the IANA pages.

I have not read the I-D and do not have a view on whether or not it is
ready to advance.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Bjorklund" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:00 AM