Subject: [netmod] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification-06.txt> (YANG Module Classification) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:31:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
WG (netmod) to consider the following document:
- 'YANG Module Classification'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification-06.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The YANG data modeling language is currently being considered for a
   wide variety of applications throughout the networking industry at
   large.  Many standards-defining organizations (SDOs), open source
   software projects, vendors and users are using YANG to develop and
   publish YANG modules for a wide variety of applications.  At the same
   time, there is currently no well-known terminology to categorize
   various types of YANG modules.

   A consistent terminology would help with the categorization of YANG
   modules, assist in the analysis of the YANG data modeling efforts in
   the IETF and other organizations, and bring clarity to the YANG-
   related discussions between the different groups.

   This document describes a set of concepts and associated terms to
   support consistent classification of YANG modules.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-model-classification/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.