Subject: [netmod] toolchains improvements: validators and xym updated

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 14:49:34 +0200

Dear all,

Regarding the different toolchains...

_On claise.be_
Now uses pyang 1.7.3, yangdump-pro 16.10-9, yanglint 0.12.186, and confd-6.4
Xym has been updated with a new ""--force-revision" flag.
It will reports errors such as discrepancies in revision dates (CODE 
BEGINS and YANG revision), badly formatted date (CODE BEGINS), 
discrepancies in module names (CODE BEGINS and YANG module), missing the 
".yang" suffix (CODE BEGINS), etc. Believe me, I've seen them all.
Example:

    $ xym --force-revision-regex draft-fan-yang-mac-00.txt

    Extracting [email-masked]'
        ERROR: 'draft-fan-yang-mac-00.txt', ietf-mac model revision
    2016-12-23 is wrong or has incorrect format
    Created the following models:
    [email-masked]

    $ xym --force-revision-regex draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang-02.txt

    Extracting 'ietf-dslite@2017-01-03'
        ERROR: 'draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-yang-02.txt', ietf-dslite is
    missing .yang suffix
    Created the following models:
    [email-masked]

There a xym pip installable package for version 0.4

_On datatracker:_
In discussion with Henrik to update the different tools.
Currently: xym 0.3.2, pyang 1.7.2, yanglint 0.12.183

_On yangvalidator.org_:
In discussion with Carl Moberg to update the different tools.
Currently: xym version: 0.3.1, pyang version: 1.7.1 confdc version: 
6.2.1, yanglint version: yanglint 0.12.140

Regards, Benoit