Subject: [netmod] NMDA: What does support for operational mean?

From: Balazs Lengyel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 16:56:29 +0200

Hello,

Is it possible not to support operational datastore? (Support for 
ietf-yang-library is mandatory)

If I indicate support for operational does it just mean I support 
get-data on operational, or does it also mean that I have to indicate 
any differences between running and operational data-state? If I 
never-ever have differences between running and operational (for 
config=true data) can I still claim support for operational datastore?

Some text around this would be good.

regards Balazs

-- 
Balazs Lengyel                       Ericsson Hungary Ltd.
Senior Specialist
Mobile: +36-70-330-7909              email: [email-masked]

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:19:47 +0200

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 04:56:29PM +0200, Balazs Lengyel wrote:
> 
> If I indicate support for operational does it just mean I support get-data
> on operational, or does it also mean that I have to indicate any differences
> between running and operational data-state? If I never-ever have differences
> between running and operational (for config=true data) can I still claim
> support for operational datastore?
>

You most likely will have differences, for example IP addresses
generated by the system or picked up from DHCP. Your loopback address
for your loopback interface is likely not in your config, or is it?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>