Subject: [netmod] I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 19:17:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Modeling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for Syslog Configuration
        Authors         : Clyde Wildes
                          Kiran Koushik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-16.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2017-08-11

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG data model for the configuration of a
   syslog process.  It is intended this model be used by vendors who
   implement syslog in their systems.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   This draft contains many placeholder values that need to be replaced
   with finalized values at the time of publication.  This note
   summarizes all of the substitutions that are needed.  No other RFC
   Editor instructions are specified elsewhere in this document.

   Artwork in this document contains shorthand references to drafts in
   progress.  Please apply the following replacements:

   o  "xxxx" --> the assigned RFC value for draft-ietf-netconf-keystore

   o  "yyyy" --> the assigned RFC value for draft-ietf-netconf-tls-
      client-server

   o  "zzzz" --> the assigned RFC value for this draft

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-syslog-model-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:54:54 +0100

Clyde

I like the introduction of yyyy and zzzz;  but I still hanker after
Normative References to I-Ds,  draft-ietf-netconf-keystore and
draft-ietf-netconf-tls-client-server.  I think that they are required.

Also, in -15  and in -16, the line length seems to have gone wrong and
is now too long; I notice it in the Description clauses.  It was ok
in -13.

"           Each line must be limited to 72 characters followed by the
           character sequence that denotes an end-of-line (EOL).  This
           limit includes any left-side indentation.
"

Tom Petch

---- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 3:17 AM

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: "Clyde Wildes (cwildes)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:17:34 +0000

Tom,

I am working with Mahesh to fix the Normative References.

Regarding line length: I am using pyang 1.7.3 which is not complaining about line length in the model. But when I look at the draft I see that both the tree and the model exceed 80 characters. I will make a pass to shorten lines.

Thanks,

Clyde

On 8/17/17, 4:54 AM, "t.petch" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Clyde

    
    
    Tom Petch