Subject: [nmrg] upcoming workshop status report
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:00:18 +0200
List-Id: Network Management Research Group <nmrg.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>

Hi,

I like to keep you updated regarding the upcoming workshop in
October. The meeting web page at

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/meetings/2006/utrecht/

now lists some 15 "registered" attendees. We still have several
"undecided" applications - so the number of participants is expected
to still grow a bit.

As of today, I have collected 11 position statements and I plan to
make them all online next weekend so we can study them and perhaps
also discuss them to some extend before the face-to-face meeting.

The agenda is being discussed among the organizers and ideally we get
the agenda out next week.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:22:12 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] [[email-masked]: [Tccc] Enterprise Network Management -- Educational Resources]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

this might be interesting in face of the upcoming workshop.

/js

----- Forwarded message from Victor Bahl <[email-masked]> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:31:40 -0700
Thread-Topic: Enterprise Network Management -- Educational Resources
thread-index: AcahQnABzD7DILHNROyIKOJKyK/oKw6zKYSA
From: Victor Bahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Dave Maltz <[email-masked]>, Ming Zhang <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tccc] Enterprise Network Management -- Educational Resources
Precedence: list
Errors-To: [email-masked]

I would like to bring to your attention some educational materials on
enterprise network management.

On June 1 & 2, 2006, MSR organized the EdgeNet Summit in Salish Lodge,
Snoqualmie, Washington.  Over 65 researchers and engineers from industry
and academia got together to exchange ideas and discuss problems and
opportunities in this space.  All presentations were video-taped and
they are now available to the networking community for on-demand viewing
on the summit's web site.  http://research.microsoft.com/edgenet/ 

A similar summit, on Self Managing Networks, was held in Woodmark Hotel,
Kirkland, Washington on June 1-2, 2005. The presentations & videos from
that are also available at:
http://research.microsoft.com/events/smnsummit/

Together they are a good source for triggering new ideas for researchers
to pursue and should be particularly useful for graduate students
looking for thesis topics.

Drop me a note if you find these useful and please forward this message
to colleagues and students who may be benefit in knowing about this.

Thanks!

Victor

--
Victor Bahl
Networking Research Group
Microsoft Research
http://research.microsoft.com/netres/

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Bahl 
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:24 PM
Subject: Wireless Networking & Communications -- Educational Resources

I would like to bring to your attention some materials on wireless
networking & communications. 

On April 7 & 8, 2006, we organized a Wireless Networking Summit in Goa,
India.  Over 60 researchers from industry, academia, and government got
together to exchange ideas and discuss problems and opportunities in
this field. All presentations were video-taped and they are now
available to the community for on-demand viewing on the summit's web
site.  http://research.microsoft.com/india/events/wins2006. 

Also, a similar summit, on Mesh Networking, was held in Snoqualmie,
Washington in June 2004. The presentations & videos from that are also
available at: http://research.microsoft.com/meshsummit/

Drop me a note if you find these useful, and please forward this message
to colleagues and students who may be interested in knowing about this.

Thanks!

Victor

--
Victor Bahl
Networking Research Group
Microsoft Research
http://research.microsoft.com/netres/

_______________________________________________
Tccc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/cucslists/listinfo/tccc

----- End forwarded message -----

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:36:17 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Mail-Followup-To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nmrg] upcoming joint emanics / nmrg workshop
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Hi,

we are making progress on the planning of the joint EMANICS / NMRG
workshop which takes place on October 19-20 in Utrecht (Netherlands)
and which is hosted by Surfnet, the Dutch research network operator.

I have just updated the meeting web page with additional travel
information plus information about accomodation options. 

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/nmrg/meetings/2006/utrecht/

I also keep the list of people who have already decided to attend the
workshop updated on the meeting web page. There are some more people
in the pipe where the final decision is still pending for various
reasons - so I expect the list of attendees to keep changing for a
while.

I am also collecting position statements (deadline is September 15th)
from the various participants. Our intention is to make these position
statements accessible to the participants well before the meeting so
that people can already start to think about other viewpoints before
we have the face-to-face meeting.

For email during the preparation of the meeting, we plan to use the
NMRG mailing list (this list) since it is readily available and does
not carry too much other traffic at the moment.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany